PEPPERMINT BARK RECIPE
makes one 9×13 pan of bark
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 24 mini candy canes
1. Put the candy canes in a resealable plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or tenderizing
mallet to crush the candy canes. Don’t use a blender or food processor, because
we want those nice uneven bits that look great right on top.
2. Line a 9″x13″ pan with parchment paper, including the sides, leaving enough
extra so you will be able to lift the peppermint bark right out of the pan.
3. Pour the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 30-
second increments (stirring the chips between each microwave session) until the
chocolate has melted, and the mixture is smooth.
4. Spread the chocolate evenly into the lined pan.
5. Place the pan into the freezer for 20 minutes.
6. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave just as you did with the previous
chocolate chips. If the white chocolate chips to not melt smooth, stir in 2
tablespoons of shortening.
7. While the white chocolate is still smooth, stir in half the crushed candy canes into
8. Allow the white chocolate to cool for about a minute, then remove the pan from
the freezer and spread the white chocolate mixture on top of the chocolate layer,
making it as smooth as possible.
9. Top with remaining crushed candy canes, and press them in the the back of a
10. Return the pan to the freezer for another 20 minutes.
11. To serve, remove the parchment paper from the pan and break into pieces (or
cut with a butter knife).