Vegetable Burgers With Eggplant And Tomato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggplant rounds, 1/2" thick
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 meatless patties - (3 to 4 oz ea)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tspn dried tarragon)
- 2 pieces focaccia or ciabatta - ( 3" to 4" square) split horizontally
- 2 large tomato slices, 1/2" thk
- Mixed baby greens
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle eggplant with salt and pepper. Add eggplant to skillet; sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Add patties to same skillet. Sauté until patties and eggplant are cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Blend mayonnaise and tarragon in small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bread piece. Top with patty, eggplant, tomato, greens and bread.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.