Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1- to 2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Put sweet potato cubes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
2. Drain well, transfer to a bowl, and mash with the butter, cream, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Add the salt, peppers, cinnamon, and lemon juice and mix well.