Bread Machine Whole Wheat Hamburger & Hot Dog Buns
Use the dough setting on your bread machine to make easy and fresh homemade hamburger and hot dog rolls. Whole wheat flour makes them hearty.
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
Adapted from food.com
Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Dough setting, and press Start. Vital Wheat Gluten is optional but the bread will rise higher with it.
When dough has risen enough, the machine will beep. Remove bread pan and turn dough onto a floured countertop. Gently roll and shape the dough into a 12 inch rope.
With a sharp knife, divide dough into 8 pieces for hamburger buns or 12 pieces for hot dog buns.
Grease a baking sheet. Roll pieces of dough into balls and flatten for hamburger buns or shape into 6-inch rolls for hot dog buns. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm oven 10 to 15 minutes until almost doubled.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven and cool on racks. When ready to use, split buns horizontally.
These will keep in plastic bag in the freezer for 3 to 4 weeks.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Sweet Bread - Bread... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Bread Machine Mexican Sweet Bread 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Hot Dog Charlies Sauce for Hot Dogs 3.7/5 (48 Votes)
- Copycat Betty Crocker Date Bars 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 3.8/5 (44 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Bread/Miss Kay 3.7/5 (14 Votes)