- 1 1/2 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (recommended: Carnation)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (21 ounces) can cherry pie filling (recommended: Comstock Morefruit)
- 2 cup frozen cherries, thawed (recommended: Dole)
Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, evaporated milk, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Stir in the pie filling and thawed cherries. Pour batter over top. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes
Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping or a scoop of ice cre