Trout With Pine Nuts And Rice Stuffing, Roasted Vegetables
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 large red bell peppers cut 1/2"-wide strips
- 1 large fennel bulb thinly sliced, and 1/4 cup fronds chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked white rice - (abt 1/3 cup uncooked) cooled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 2 whole boneless trout - (3/4 to 1 lb ea)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spread peppers and fennel bulb on prepared sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 28 minutes. Meanwhile, mix rice, pine nuts and 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds in bowl. Season stuffing with salt and pepper.
Remove baking sheet from oven; push vegetables to sides of sheet. Place trout in center of sheet; sprinkle inside of trout with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing into trout cavities. Fold trout to enclose stuffing. Roast until trout are opaque, about 20 minutes. Open each trout and cut lengthwise in half. Transfer 1 trout half and some stuffing to each of 4 plates. Spoon vegetable mixture alongside.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 378; total fat, 13 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 117 mg.