GARLIC GARLIC GARLIC BREAD BREAD
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil, oregano, and/or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 10 - 12 ounce loaf whole grain Italian bread
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Peel away the dry outer layers of skin from heads of garlic, leaving skins and cloves intact. Cut off the pointed top portion (about 1/4 inch), leaving bulbs intact but exposing the individual cloves. Place each garlic head, cut side up, in a custard cup. Drizzle each with about 1/4 teaspoon of the olive oil. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cloves feel soft when pressed. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Squeeze out the garlic paste from individual cloves into a small bowl. Mash garlic cloves with a fork. Stir in remaining olive oil, the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
Without cutting through bottom crust, cut bread into 12 slices. Spread garlic mixture between slices, spreading on one side only of each slice. Wrap loaf in heavy foil. Bake about 12 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- One Pot Cheesy Smoked Sausage and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Meatloaf (Cream of Mushroom Soup 2) 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Poor Man Layered Cabbage Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI BREAD WITH CINNAMON... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia by Johnny... 3.7/5 (9 Votes)