Alaska Rockfish Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds rockfish fillets thawed if necessary
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium green peppers chopped
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 can tomatoes - (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato juice - (12 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or fish stock
Cut rockfish into 1-inch pieces.
Heat oil in large pot. Sauté green peppers, carrots, onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, basil and salt. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes.
Add wine and rockfish. Simmer 8 minutes longer or until rockfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.