Eggnog Bread with Rum Glaze
Save to My Favorites
Find more recipes at:
- ◦2 eggs
- ◦1 and 1/2 cups of regular eggnog (not low fat)
- ◦2 tsp Spiced Rum
- ◦1 cup white sugar
- ◦1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ◦1/2 cup butter @ room temperature
- ◦2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- ◦1 package of instant French vanilla pudding mix
- ◦2 tsp baking powder
- ◦1/2 tsp salt
- ◦1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- ◦1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- ◦2 tsp eggnog
- ◦2 tbl Spiced Rum
- ◦1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
Adapted from keyingredient.com
* Preheat oven to 350.
* Spray your loaf, muffin etc. pan with non stick spray with flour.
* In your mixer using the paddle – mix together the eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter. (The butter will remain clumpy but that is just fine.)
* In a separate bowl, sift the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
* Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until incorporated.
* Avoid over mixing. Again, the butter will remain clumpy and this is to be expected. (The butter will melt when cooking.)
* Pour into your prepared choice of pan(s).
* Bake your mini loaves for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* A regular loaf pan will take about 45-55 minutes.
* Whisk together all glaze ingredients and pour over your cooled eggnog bread.