- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp (21-25 per pound) peeled and deveined.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or dry vermouth
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf parsley
heat the oil and garlic together in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring often, just until the garlic starts to turn golden brown, about 1 mins. add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally just until the shrimp are opaque. about 2 to 3 mins
add the wine, lemon zest and juice, and red pepper flakes. bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a platter.
off the heat, add the butter and stir until it has melted and slightly thickened the sauce.
season to taste with salt. stir in the parsley. return the shrimp to the sauce and serve.