Spicy Rice And Kale
- 2 1/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 4 ounces kale - (abt 1/2 large bunch) stems and ribs
- removed, leaves coarsely chopped
Bring broth and Creole seasoning to boil in heavy large saucepan. Stir in rice and kale and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 204; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 1 mg.