Shrimp and Sauteed Spinach
1) Aim for extra large or jumbo shrimp with this dish....the pan juices that are created really are the perfect "marriage" with good sized shellfish...
2) Be generous with your spinach. Veggies are good for you..and remember, spinach wilts a LOT during cooking. Adding a couple of extra cups to the dish won't hurt wink emoticon
3) Unless you are going to be drinking white wine with the meal, don't buy an entire BOTTLE to use in this recipe. Get thee to your liquor "establishment" and get a miniature serving...Sutter Home is a perfect example...there's enough in that little bottle to make the dish!
4) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning.
Honestly - those combo of spices REALLY make this dish go "BOOM"!! I know some of you have done substitutions because you've been unable to locate it...but seriously, get THIS spice. Search online with your local stores to find it...I know for certain that Amazon does have it...
5) Consider serving this dish heaped onto a bed of fragrant jasmine rice or a nutty brown basmati.....drizzle those yummy pan juices over everything and whew! That's some good (and healthy) eating right there!!!!
- 1 pound of cleaned, deveined and shelled large shrimp
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
In a medium skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat until a slight shimmer occurs on the surface.
In a separate bowl combine the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the sweet ginger garlic seasoning, tossing lightly until shrimp are thoroughly coated.
Add the shrimp to the hot skillet, quickly sautééing until they are cooked and turn opaque. Pour in wine to quickly bubble and deglaze the skillet, scraping up the delicious brown "bits" on the bottom.
Remove shrimp to a small bowl and cover to keep warm.
In the same skillet, add in the final 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and toss in the spinach, quickly stirring until the leaves are just wilted. Throw the shrimp back in for a final "toss", then plate up on a small serving dish.
You'll also love
- Honey-Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Lemon Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ROSEMARY POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STEAMED SALMON WITH BLACK BEANS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP STUFFED... 0/5 (0 Votes)