TART - Sausage Arugula Ricotta Tart
- cream cheese crust:
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 ounces cold cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 4 ounces part skim ricotta
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Marjoram Leaves
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cooked and crumbled spicy Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pie dough: In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the cold cubes of butter and cream cheese and cut in with a pastry knife or your fingers until a fine crumble is made. Add the buttermilk and gently work together, until the dough just comes together. Form the dough into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Once the dough has chilled, roll out onto a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick.
3. Lay and gently press the dough into a 4”x14” fluted tart pan and prick the bottom all over with a fork. Chill the tart shell for 30 minutes.
4. Place tart shell onto a baking sheet and par-bake for 15 minutes. Allow shell to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Filling: Place ricotta, mascarpone, parmesan, breadcrumbs, marjoram leaves, and egg into a large mixing bowl and stir together. Add the remaining ingredients and fold together until well combined.
6. Pour filling into par-baked tart shell and place tart into the oven. Lower the temperature to 375˚F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and crust and top is golden brown.
7. Finish with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper and allow tart to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Cheese cake - Vegan 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pomegranate Molasses by Alton Brown 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pumpkin Flans 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven-Steamed Mussels with Hard... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamed Kale 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Very Special Kale Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlets with Spicy Arugula... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Rice with Sausage, Peppers,... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)