- 1 1/2 # cooked crab meat
- 6 T mayonnaise
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 to 2 T canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
1. Place crab meat in large mixing bowl. pinching through the pile with your fingers to find any bits of shell and break up large pieces.
2. Add mayo, mustard, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, parsley, green onions, garlic, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper. fold to combine. Add eggs; fold to combine.
3. to form cakes, on a tray about 1/4 cup mixture into a 2 1/2 inch round cutter. lift cutter off. Repeat to form 16 cakes. Cover with plastic, pressing lightly. chill at least 30 min.
4. Heat oil in 12 inch skillet, over med. high heat. lightly coat both sides of 4 cakes in bread crumbs; add to skillet. Press lightly with spatula; cook 1 to 2 min. per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a shallow baking pan and cook all cakes, adding more oil if necessary. top each cake with a slice of butter; bake 5 min.
5. Sprinkle with paprika, serve with lemon wedges