Spiced Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin - (to 1 lb)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Blend first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle pork with spice mixture, salt and pepper. Place in 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 150 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to plate.
Add broth to pan. Set pan directly over high heat and bring broth to boil, scraping up browned bits. Simmer until pan juices thicken slightly, about 3 minutes. Slice pork into rounds; place on plates. Top with pan juices and cilantro.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.