- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves - (packed)
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves - (packed)
- 1/2 tablespoon assorted fresh herbs, such as
- marjoram, oregano, tarragon or thyme
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts - (2 oz) lightly toasted
- (or a mixture of pine nuts and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Coarsely chop the basil, parsley, spinach and herbs. Put them in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and pulse on and off until the mixture is finely chopped and well combined.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week, or freeze for up to 6 months.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.