Cheesy Tortellini Slow Cooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Place ground beef mixture, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and green chiles, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until well combined.
Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Uncover and stir in tortellini; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until tender.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- 3 Ingredient Chicken and Broccoli... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- EASY CHEESY SAUSAGE AND GREEN BEAN... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Million Dollar Pasta 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli with Tomato Cream... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach and Tortellini 4.6/5 (13 Votes)