Southwest Succotash Salad
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 8 tablespoons purchased oil and vinegar dressing or more to taste
- 1 can kidney beans - (15 to 16 oz) drained
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cut from 2 small
- fresh ears of corn
- 1 cup hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese in 1/2" dice (abt 4 oz)
- 1 cup one-inch-long red bell pepper strips
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Divide greens between 2 large shallow bowls. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon dressing. Combine 6 tablespoons dressing and remaining ingredients in medium bowl and toss to coat, adding more dressing, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Mound salad atop greens.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.