Turkey Leg Confit
- 4 turkey legs
- 12 cups of canola oil
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorn
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup of sage
- 2 bay leaves
1. Finely grind bay leaves, peppercorn and sage in a coffee/spice grinder.
2. Rub salt, spices and 8 crushed garlic cloves all around turkey leg.
3. Marinate turkey legs overnight.
4. Rinse the turkey legs. Pad the meat dry.
5. Put 6 cups of canola oil on a large pot with 4 garlic cloves with skin peeled. Put the pot into the oven and pre-heat under 250F.
6. Add turkey legs into the oil. Roast for 2.5 hours, turn every 30 minutes.