Alaska Surimi Seafood Quiche
- 2 deep-dish pie shells - (9" dia) unbaked
- 1 pound Alaska surimi seafood
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions or leeks
- 8 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half or milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry if desired
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine Surimi, cheese and green onion in bowl; portion half of mixture into each of the pie shells. Mix eggs, half-and-half, sherry, salt and pepper. Pour half of mixture over ingredients in each shell.
Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees. Continue baking 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
This recipe yields 2 quiches.