Smoked Fish Chowder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 bottle clam juice - (8 oz)
- 8 ounces red-skinned potatoes sliced 1/4"-thk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 package smoked trout - (4 1/2 oz) torn small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add clam juice, potatoes, and thyme. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Add half-and-half and trout. Simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.