Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Spinach
- 2 small spaghetti squash (about 1.5 lbs. each)
- 2 t olive oil4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/8 t kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 oz. 93% lean ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Scope out seeds and discard. Place squash halves, cut sides up on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Scrap inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands. Place strands on a clean dish towel (or paper towels) and squeeze until barely moist.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook 1 minute to until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Combine spinach mixture, squash strands, ricotta cheese, salt and half of mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl.
Return skilled to medium-high heat. Add turkey (or other meat) to pan and cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add marinara sauce and cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
Spoon sauce evenly into the bottom of each squash half. top evenly with squash mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Preheat broiler to high (keep squash in oven). Broil squash 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubble. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- STANDING RIB ROAST OF BEEF WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Cornbread Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RASPBERRY LEMON PARFAITS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swiss Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn/Squash Muffin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP STUFFED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Feta 0/5 (0 Votes)