Skewered Beef Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño chili
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 8 ounces beef skirt steak - (to 10 oz) cut crosswise
- into 1"-wide strips
- 6 large green onions trimmed to 8" length
- 8 squares green bell pepper - (1" squares)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas - (6" to 7" dia)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk first 5 ingredients in 8- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish to blend. Add beef and green onions; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
Thread beef onto 2 long metal skewers. Thread green onions and bell pepper squares onto 2 long metal skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill beef and vegetables until beef is cooked to desired doneness and vegetables are slightly charred and almost tender, turning often, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, grill tortillas until warm and beginning to brown in spots, about 1 minute per side.
Using fork, push beef and vegetables off skewers onto work surface; chop coarsely. Place 2 tortillas on each plate. Divide filling among tortillas; roll up and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.