Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Basil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 c. fresh goat cheese, about 4 oz.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 basil leaves, shredded or 1 tsp. dried, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
Adapted from cooks.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4" thickness. Pat chicken dry.
Combine cheese, green onions and basil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread cheese mixture lengthwise over half of each chicken piece. Tuck short ends in. Roll chicken up, starting at one long side, into tight cylinders. Tie ends with string to serve.
Place chicken in an 8" square baking dish. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter (or coconut oil) over. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (885 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (395 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (389 Votes)