Spring Asparagus and Pancetta Fettucine
- 150 g thick cut pancetta, cut into small chunks (you may need to remove outer paper and string)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms
- 375 g whole wheat fettucine (or linguini)
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper (lots!)
- 4 Tbsp butter
1. In small sauté pan on medium high heat, sauté pancetta until crisp. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. In another larger sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp of butter. Add in garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until slightly softened.
3. Add asparagus to same pan and continue to sauté until asparagus has become softened, but still somewhat crsip to the bite (al dente).
4. Meanwhile, in large pot, boil 4 litres of water with 1 Tbso of salt. Boil pasta for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and pour back into pot.
5. Toss in remaining butter, salt, pepper, and Parmesan (reserve some to top your pasta with).
6. Serve pasta topped with asparagus mixture and pancetta (alternately you can stir the asparagus mixture right into the pasta). Garnish with remaining Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Andouille Sausage Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Studded Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Cream Puffs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Supreme » 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banh Bung (Warm Noodle Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab and Asparagus Soup - crockpot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrabba's Italian Grill Rigatoni... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli and Lemon Orzo Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)