Peanut Butter Chocolate Tiramisu
- 8ounces8 ounces mascarpone (or softened cream cheese)
- 1/2cup1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4cup3/4 cup heavy cream
- 5tablespoons5 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, divided *(see cook’s note for substitutions)
- 1(15 ounce) jar1 (15 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter
- 1cup1 cup hot coffee
- 1/4cup1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1(11 ounce) jar1 (11 ounce) jar hot fudge sauce
- 16-1816-18 savoiardi cookies (lady fingers)
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
1. Combine mascarpone and sugar in a medium bowl, whip with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add cream and 1 tablespoon liqueur. Beat on medium until combined. Add peanut butter and beat until well combined. Set aside.
2. In a wide bowl combine chocolate chips, 4 tablespoons liqueur and hot coffee. Mix until chocolate is melted.
3. One at a time dip cookies into the coffee mixture and allow to soak for 2-3 seconds. Flip and repeat. Crumble the cookie into the bottom of a trifle dish. Repeat until each trifle has 2 cookies crumbled into the bottom.
4. Add 2 dollops of peanut butter cream to each dish. Add 2 dollops of hot fudge to each dish.
5. One at a time dip cookies into the coffee mixture and allow to soak for 2-3 seconds. Flip and repeat. Crumble the cookie into the bottom of a trifle dish. Repeat until each trifle has 2 cookies crumbled on top of the hot fudge.
6. Finish each with a dollop of peanut butter cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
*COOK’S NOTE: You can substitute liqueur as follows; substitute the liqueur in the peanut butter cream with 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or your favorite rum. Substitute the liqueur in the coffee mixture with more coffee or your favorite rum.