Utica Chicken Riggies
A bit hot and spicy.
- 1 stick of margarine (do not use butter, this is important and one of my secrets)
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 20 oz. jar of sweet cherry peppers, seeded and rough chopped
- 3 hot cherry peppers (also in a jar), seeded and rough chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce (plain)
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1) Melt the stick of margarine over low in a large pan or pot, once melted, add the minced onion.
2) While the onions are cooking slowly (almost melting), seed and chop up your peppers. When the onions start to become translucent, add the peppers and minced garlic to the pan.
3) Cook the peppers for 5 minutes and then turn the heat up to medium and add the chicken. Sauté until chicken starts to turn white (doesn’t need to be fully cooked). Then add the chicken broth, cream, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. Whisk it all together and make sure the cheese is completely melted.
4) Cover and let simmer on low heat for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. After 1 hour, uncover, and turn the heat up to medium and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Sometimes the sauce separates a bit, but it’s not big deal. Just take a whisk and bring it back together.