Cheesy Kielbasa and Potato Casserole
Potatoes, kielbasa, leeks, mushrooms, and cheese, baked until it's brown and bubbly!
Recipe from Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
- 1 pound of kielbasa cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bag (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- (I used Simply Potatoes, they are in the refrigerated section, if you are using frozen hashbrowns, make sure to thaw them first)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)plus extra for the top
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced thin (you can substitute 1 medium onion, chopped if you don't like leeks)
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a skillet cook the leeks in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
Cut the sausage into ½ inch cubes and add to the bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Spread into pan. Sprinkle with a little more shredded cheddar.
Bake 40 – 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Appetizer: Dungeness Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Honey-Glazed Rack of Lamb With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mimi's Lemon Meringue Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken - Mushrooms in Wine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken - Spinach-Stuffed 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Thai Ground Pork Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Eggs in Purgatory with Artichoke... 5/5 (1 Votes)