Orzo with Cranberries and Sausage
First prepared 3-25-2010, very good and easy.
- 1/2 pound mild sausage links
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 -1/2 cups whole-wheat or regular orzo
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups any orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 dried sage
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat to medium. Add sausage and onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently,or until browned. Remove sausage from skillet; chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Return to skillet with onion. Stir in orzo, broth, juice,cranberries and sage; bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Toss and serve.