Green Bean, Walnut and Feta Salad
SOUTHERN LIVING, November, 1996.
A family favorite year round.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs fresh green beans ( I use the microwavable, trimmed, fresh green beans in the produce department)
- 1 small purple onion very thinly sliced.
- 4 - 5 oz. crumpled fets cheese
Combine oil and next 5 ingredients, cover and chill.
Cut green beans into thirds. Steam 8 - 10 minutes or until crisp tender. Plunge into cold ice water to stop cooking and hold color. Drain and pat dry between two kitchen towels.
Combine dried green beans, onion and cheese. Chill several hours or overnight.
1 hour before serving, pour oil mixture over mixture. Let marinate for an hour or so, mixing occasionally. Just before serving, toss with walnuts.