Libbys® Pumpkin Roll with high altitude adjustments
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 Cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 Tbl butter or margarine, softened
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- For high altitude, I made this adjustment: Added 2-3 tablespoons flour Reduced Baking Soda by 1/8 teaspoon. Reduced Baking Powder by 1/8 teaspoon Decreased Sugar by 1-2 tablespoons
Adapted from keyingredient.com
PREHEAT oven to 375 F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.