30 Minute Cheesy Bacon Spinach Pasta
- 1/2 lb pasta (I used small farfalle shape)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (any fat content, I used 2% fat content)
- 1 tsp basil powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cream cheese (I had it out of the wrapper so I scooped it out using a tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup hot water or pasta water
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves, chopped
- 2-3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon but you can use either)
Adapted from naivecookcooks.com
Cook pasta as per package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add 1 tsp oil to the drained pasta so it doesn't stick. Keep aside.
In a skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and heat it. To it add garlic and red chili peppers and cook for a minute or two until fragrant. Add flour and stir it around until it starts to turn golden. Add milk and keep stirring it using a stirrer. Add all the seasonings and kep stirring it. Once it starts to thicken, add cream cheese and hot water and stir until it's all smooth and you have a nice thick cream sauce. Taste the seasonings. Add chopped spinach and pasta and toss it around so that sauce coats the pasta evenly and spinach wilts a bit.
Meanwhile cook turkey bacon by placing it on a hot skillet and flipping it every few minutes until it's nicely cooked and crispy. Let it cool on a paper towel and crumble.
Taste the pasta and adjust seasonings if needed. Add the crumbled bacon and serve.
You'll also love
- Lemon Chicken With Couscous &... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb and Vegetable... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Rollitos de Nopales Rellenos 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Roast with Winter Fruits and... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers with... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Arugula Pesto 5/5 (5 Votes)
- White House Spinach Pie 4.7/5 (32 Votes)
- Simple Spinach 4.5/5 (47 Votes)