Sausage And Bell Pepper Ziti
- 8 ounces ziti or other tubular pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 turkey Italian sausages - (abt 6 oz) casings removed
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice with
- Italian seasonings - (14 1/2 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté until brown, breaking up with fork, about 4 minutes. Add onions and peppers; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine; boil 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add tomatoes with juices. Reduce heat to medium and cover; simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
Add sauce to pasta. Toss over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (957 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (712 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ziti 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)