Shrimp, Spiced Mango, And Avocado Salad With Citrus Dressin
- SHRIMP MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Spanish-style smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon coarsely-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 12 extra-large shrimp - (U-12) peeled, deveined
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely-grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups torn soft lettuces - (loosely packed) (such as red oak and lolla rossa)
- 1/4 cup finely-diced red onion
- 1 mango peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Haas avocado peeled, seeded, and diced
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Make the Marinade: Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the marinade. Add the shrimp to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 6.
Make the Vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard, zest, and reserved marinade. While whisking, drizzle in the oils to form a smooth vinaigrette. Set aside.
Make the Salad: Remove the shrimp from the marinade; scrape off any excess marinade from the shrimp.
Season the shrimp, to taste, with salt. Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
In a bowl, toss together the onion, mango and avocado. Dress lightly with some of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a another bowl, lightly toss the lettuce with some of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
Mound the salad in the center of a platter and surround with the shrimp. Spoon some of the dressing over the shrimp and serve. (Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use.)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shredded Pork Wraps With Coleslaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Spinach With Garlic Chips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Loin With Mustard And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon In Phyllo With Peperoncini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Lemon Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Lamb Chops With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jicama Slices With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)