Rosemary Chicken And Summer Squash Brochettes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 1/2 tspns dried rosemary)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves each cut 6 pieces
- 3 large pattypan squash each quartered
- 4 metal skewers
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add chicken and squash; toss. Let stand 10 minutes; toss occasionally.
Alternate 3 chicken pieces with 3 squash pieces on each skewer. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Grill until chicken is cooked through and squash is just tender, turning often, about 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.