Roasted Beet Soup With Potato And Dill Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds beets - (abt 5 medium) tops trimmed
- 12 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Fresh dill sprigs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap beets and potatoes separately in foil; seal tightly. Roast on oven rack until tender when pierced with skewer, about 45 minutes for potatoes and 1 1/2 hours for beets. Unwrap and cool completely.
Peel beets; cut into 1-inch pieces and place in blender. Add milk, 2 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons chopped dill and vinegar; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate soup until cold, about 1 hour.
Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Place in medium bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons each of onion and chopped dill. Fold in yogurt. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover beet soup and potato salad separately and refrigerate.) Ladle beet soup into 4 bowls. Top with potato salad; garnish with dill sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 213; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 12 mg.
You'll also love
- Harvard Beets 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)