Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total time 1 hour, 30 minutes
Allergy Soy, Wheat
Dietary Vegan, Vegetarian
Meal type Lunch, Main Dish
Misc Pre-preparable, Serve Hot
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (thinly sliced)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 8 oz whole white mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 cup your favorite vegan marinara
- 14 oz extra firm tofu (crumbled)
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 cups your favorite vegan (See note below.)
- Lasagna “Cheese” Sauce
- 2 cups boiled, drained, and mashed potatoes (Use Russets or Yukon Gold. Add nothing to them. Simply boil, drain, and mash with a fork. Usually requires a little less than 3 medium-large potatoes.)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water (If possible, use your hot potato water.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
Adapted from veganyumminess.com
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare your veggies for roasting by washing/slicing, then, combining your vegetables with the olive oil and salt. You can use any vegetables that you like. I use whatever is on hand--just enough to roast 2 pans, 1 layer thick.
Line your pans with non-stick liner or parchment paper. Arrange your veggie/oil/salt mixture on two large cookie sheet sized baking pans and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn your oven down to 375 degrees F as soon as your veggies are done.
When your vegetables are finished, arrange your lasagna in an 8 X 11 baking dish as follows:
1. Spread 2/3 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.
2. Place 3 oven-ready lasagna noodles (not boiled) side-by-side on top of the sauce.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce on top of the noodles.
4. Arrange half of your roasted vegetables evenly across the top of the noodles.
5. Crumble half of your block of tofu evenly across the top of your veggies.
6. Drizzle 3/4 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce over everything.
7. Layer 3 more oven-ready lasagna noodles side-by-side.
8. Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce over your lasagna noodles.
9. Arrange the second half of your roasted vegetables evenly across everything. (Save a few veggies for the top of your lasagna.)
10. Crumble the other half of your tofu block.
11. Drizzle 1/2 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce over the tofu.
12. Layer 3 more oven-ready lasagna noodles.
13. Drizzle the rest of your "cheese" sauce on top and garnish with a few more roasted vegetables on the top.
Cover lasagna tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50-55 minutes, or until lasagna noodles are fork tender.
Serve hot. :)
Lasagna “Cheese” Sauce
First, boil your peeled and diced potatoes (about 3 large Russets) for about 15 minutes, or until they are soft enough to mash. Remove potatoes, drain, mash with a fork, then measure 2 cups into your Vitamix or other high speed blender.
Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. If you need to add a little extra water, do so with only a few tablespoons at a time.