Beet & carrot Salad
Try this beautiful salad with roasted beets and julienned carrots, mixed with alfalfa sprouts and tuna. It’s topped with a savory tahini style dressing. It’s full of flavor, plus it’s only 5 points + for nearly 2 cups! It’s filling and delicious
- Parsley Dressing:
- 2 large beets, roasted, peeled and julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 lb alfalfa sprouts
- 12.5 oz tuna fish, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from laaloosh.com
1. In a bowl, combine the beets, carrots, bean sprouts and tuna fish. Toss to mix.
2. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients (parsley, sunflower seeds, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne and sea salt). Whisk to combine.
3. Pour the dressing over the beet and carrot mixture, toss gently to mix well.
4. Serve immediately or chill.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Creole II 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipotle-Butter Turkey 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- RICE - Yam Fragrance Rice... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- JAM - Kaya Coconut Jam 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sunny Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Seared Hangar Steak with Brown... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sauteed Beet Greens 4.7/5 (3 Votes)