Slow-Cooker Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Thighs With Couscous
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
Adapted from realsimple.com
1. Mix the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 4-to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and toss to coat in the spice mixture. Add the tomatoes, carrots, and olives.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until the chicken is tender. Shred the meat and return it to the liquid with the vegetables.
3. Ten minutes before serving, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
4. Serve the chicken and vegetables over the couscous, topped with the cilantro.
You'll also love
- Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa for Two 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Polenta 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sausage-and-Tomato Egg Roll-Up 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Butternut Squash Linguine... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Shitake, Beef, and Barley Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- California Roll Pasta Salad with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bacon Lover's Chicken Alfredo with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lime Couscous with Summer Veggies 4.4/5 (7 Votes)