CROCKPOT TORTELLINI SOUP
- 1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small bag of fresh spinach
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 oz) of regular cream cheese (1 used 2 )
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth (start with 3, add 1 more if it looks like it needs it)
- 1 package of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing
I started with the chicken broth and cut the cream cheese up into cubes and let that cook on low for a couple of hours. I whisked in the Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and added the 2 cans of drained Italian diced tomatoes and the frozen tortellini. Cooked another hour. Added a bag of fresh spinach that I tore up by hand or you could use baby spinach. Cook another hour or so till the tortellini is tender.
I added ½ C of half/half. (Recipe didn’t call for it) Also sprinkled some Parmesan cheese into it, about ½ C.
*Keep an eye on your tortellini, it may be done sooner.
*If still soupy, leave lid off for the last half hour or so of cooking.
If you want you could fry up some chicken sausage and add that while it’s cooking for a hardier soup!
Enjoy! Serve with crusty bread and salad!