One Pan Quinoa Taco Skillet
Easy, delicious and filling, you’ll get the most out of your meal in just one pan with this dish. A simple recipe that’s loaded with nutrition and flavor for just 7 Points +.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups fat free chicken stock
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 – 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Heat oil over medium high in a large, nonstick skillet. Add in ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add in onions and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, chiles, bell peppers and black beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add in quinoa, chicken stock, and salsa and stir well to combine.
5. Mix in the spices, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until quinoa is soft and liquid has all cooked off, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Top with fresh cilantro (and any other fixins’ you may desire) and serve.