Diabetic Shepherds Pie
- (1-1/4 lb) red potatoes (about 4), cut into chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Cook potatoes and garlic in boiling water in a large saucepan 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, brown meat in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in flour; cook 1 minutes Add mixed vegetables, broth and ketchup; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Preheat oven to 375° F. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Add sour cream; mash until potatoes are smooth and mixture is well blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
3. Spoon meat mixture into an 8″ square baking dish; cover with potatoes.
4. Bake 18 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; bake 2 minutes or until melted.