Very Special Kale Salad
Delicota squash is a tubular-shaped yellow squash with dark green stripes running lengh-wise. If you can't find it, acorn squash or butternut would also work.
- 1 medium delicata squash
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 cups clean, torn lacinato kale leaves (no ribs or stems)
- 1/2 cup maple sherry, cranberry or walnut balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh chevre
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2/3 cup sweet and spicy pecans or purchased spiced nuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from yummly.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut delicata in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and stringy pulp from the center of the squash cavity. Trim ends and stem and then cut squash into half moons, each about ½-inch thick.
Toss delicata squash, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the squash out on the baking sheet and roast until the squash is tender, stirring once or twice with a spatula, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss kale with dressing in a large bowl.
Add the hot roasted squash to the kale and toss to coat. Divide the kale and squash mixture among four large plates. Top with fresh chevre, cranberries and pecans.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (389 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)