Pork And Hominy Stew
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans low-salt chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 can golden hominy - (15 oz) rinsed, drained
- 2 cans diced green chilies - (4 oz ea)
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork, onions and cumin and sauté until pork is brown, about 5 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Add broth and hominy. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Stir in chilies and 6 tablespoons cilantro. Simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.