Full of flavor and baked in the oven, these potatoes are soft with a crunchy bottom layer. They are buttery without being overly greasy and can be a main dish or side!
- 1 1/2 pound potatoes (equal sized)
- 1 grated garlic clove or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- chicken or vegetable broth
- tiny cubes butter
- minced parsley
- pepper and salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Set your oven at 350°F.
Use an ovenproof dish. Place the peeled and washed (even-sized) potatoes in there and make sure they fit snuggly together.
Add the grated garlic or powder to the broth and heat it for a minute to get the flavors going. Pour hot broth in there until there’s about 1 inch of broth in the dish and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top of the potatoes.
Place a tiny slice of butter on top of each potato. As the potatoes start to cook the butter will melt all over, it’s delicious. Not diet-friendly, but very tasty.
Place the dish in your BBQ or oven and give them 35 to 40 minutes. Check them for readiness.
I gave mine almost 10 minutes extra. Mainly because I really like a crunchy brown bottom-layer.
Sprinkle the potatoes with finely minced parsley.
Note: a BBQ gives far more direct heat than an oven does, so when using your oven you will have to dice the potatoes or adjust the cooking time.
You'll also love
- Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (116 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Chef Point Café Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (125 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Sticks 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.6/5 (94 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Shakin' Ranch Potatoes 4.5/5 (50 Votes)