Pinto Bean, Tomato And Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups canned vegetable broth
- 2 pinto beans - (15 oz ea) drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (14 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups peeled butternut squash in 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; sauté until onions are golden, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then puree until smooth. Return puree to pot with soup. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
This recipe yields 6 (first-course) servings.
Per serving: calories, 228; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 0.
You'll also love
- Penne With Broiled Vegetables And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Steaks With Shallot... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Steak With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange, Red Onion And Black Olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Farfalle With Tuna, Tomatoes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber And Avocado Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Apple And Zucchini Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup II 0/5 (0 Votes)