Shrimp Scampi with Bucatini Noodles
- 8 ounces bucatini noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp (16-20 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the bucatini and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute, then stir the ingredients and increase the heat. Add the wine and butter, about 1/2 tablespoon at a time. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir to combine.
Stir in the shrimp and cook on each side until pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the cooked bucatini, parsley, tarragon and lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/shrimp-scampi-with-bucatini-noodles.html?oc=linkback