Roasted Chicken & Celery Waldorf Salad
Serving this yummy Roasted Chicken & Celery Waldorf Salad with a fresh baguette practically makes this dish a meal all on it's own. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (about 6)
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus leaves for serving
- 3 thyme springs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large head escarole, torn into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Baguette, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat oven to 400° F.
Toss the chicken, grapes, sliced celery, thyme, red pepper, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Discard the thyme sprigs and shred the chicken into bite-size pieces using 2 forks.
Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, mustard, vinegar, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, grapes, celery, escarole, and walnuts and toss to combine. Serve with a baguette.