Penne With Broiled Vegetables And Feta Cheese
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 2 small zucchini quartered lengthwise
- and cut into 2" strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut 2" by 1/2" strips
- 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic-and-herb feta cheese (abt 2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt to taste
Preheat broiler. Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
Meanwhile, combine zucchini and bell pepper in medium bowl. Add 3 tablespoons vinaigrette and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables on broiler pan; sprinkle with pepper. Broil vegetables until just tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Add vegetables to bowl with pasta. Mix in remaining vinaigrette, cheese and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.