Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
This fast and easy substitute for prepared cream of chicken soup to use in your own recipes takes just a few minutes to prepare and you control the ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning mix (or make your own mix: 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Combine the chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings into the remaining 1 cup milk until a smooth, thick mixture forms.
Pour the flour and milk mixture into the saucepan with the broth mixture over low heat and stir continuously, whisking as the mixture simmers.
Continue to simmer and stir/whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick, 5 to 10 minutes. The mixture will thicken a bit as it cools.
You'll also love
- Chicken Tetrazzini with Zucchini... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mahogany Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Kebabs with Soba Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cashews with Sea Salt & Black... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Liver Pâté &... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)